20 February 2019 | 6PM - 9PM
University of Warwick
This event is upcoming. Further information and announcements may be posted on this page and the Facebook event page.
The Investment Challenge is the most prestigious trading challenge at Warwick, open for all Warwick students. You are to develop a portfolio encompassing securities from a range of different asset classes and give details about your choices in a strategy report. This is done in teams of 3 or 4 students, and the best three teams will advance to the final round, where they will pitch their portfolio to experienced traders from some of the most reputable firms in the industry. After the finale, there will also be a networking session with the judges over provided food and refreshments. This is an incredible opportunity to impress representatives of your dream firm and to form connections with aspiring traders here at Warwick, all while developing your investment skill set.
- Registrations for participating teams will open on Wednesday 16th January, and will close on Tuesday 22nd at 11:59PM.
- On Wednesday 23rd, this year’s question and specific instructions are released, and all participating teams will have until 6th of February to work on their portfolios and strategy reports.
- After this, the Quantitative Investment Group will assess all submissions and choose the top 3 teams to pitch their portfolios at the finale, which will be held on Wednesday 20th of February from 6pm to 9pm.
- Once registrations open on the 16th, a link will be posted here and on the Facebook event page that will direct you to the registration form.
- To participate, no finance background is required – any Warwick student can join!
- The competition is done in teams of 3-4 students. Note that you can also register as an individual: in this case, we will allocate a team for you.
Sign up to the waitlist
Signing up to the waitlist will ensure you:
- get access to more detailed information about the competition before it is announced elsewhere
- receive personalized information based on your interests
- receive this information directly to your inbox, so that you will not miss out on any announcements
- can be reminded of deadlines for participating, submitting documents and booking tickets
Let us know!
The next step to your dream career
Subscribe to the WBSS newsletter